Friday, December 10, 2004

MOBY

MOBY

Moby tapped into the rock dance crossover as well as anyone. Human Rights was fun if flawed. His hardcore versions of all time rock classics saw fitting Sabbath and Hendrix into minute long shots of adrenalin. Had Human Rights reflected this more it without doubt would have been better. As far as I know Wonder Bread, such a song, has never been released. That period seems to have finished for now as a return to chart friendly dance has occurred. A Frequent feature on soundtracks here are XXX words from Moby.

Please describe your time/periods with Flipper and Mission Of Burma
With Flipper - 2 days in 1983. With Mission Of Burma - never. I just like them.

Have you now reverted permanently back from guitar music to solely dance orientated?
No. I don't see any reason to like one type of music at the exclusion of another.

Does the prospect of a new millennium excite or scare you?
I find it hard to get worked up over a thousand year period on a planet that's five billion years old.

What first made you take up electronic music in preference to music you had previously played?
Megalomania. Cool sounds. Hip hop.

What do you think of the Prodigy?
I've known them for eight years. Nice guys. They make the world of pop music much more interesting.

How do you relax?
I procrastinate.

What's your best feature?
Humility.

What's your main flaw?
Arrogance.

How important is humour in your life?
Vitally important.

Have you been or could you be corrupted?
I probably have been, but I don't fully understand what it means to be corrupted.

Do you believe in putting subliminals in your music?
If I could figure out how to do it I would.

Highlight of your career to date?
Having Bono kiss my hand.

Last album you listened to?
Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Closest you've ever come to death?
Almost being shot in a nightclub.

Is America racist?
I find it hard to generalize about a country of 250 million people, all of whom come from quite different cultural backgrounds. So yes and no. But more no than yes when you give people a chance.

originally appeared in NO PICTURES issue 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home